Additive manufacturing is the process of creating three-dimensional objects using CAD models or digital 3D models. Items can be produced using a variety of processes where material such as PLA and epoxy is deposited, joined, or solidified, typically layer on layer.
Envisage has introduced additive manufacturing into their production methods with the introduction of an epoxy tooling paste machine and has expanded its 3D printing capabilities. The benefits include enabling faster problem solving, reducing waste and improving quality.
Our 3D printing processes can produce complex geometries with high precision and accuracy, components that are difficult to produce using traditional methods and where small quantities are needed.
3D printer options:
- Prusa MK3s with enclosure a Consumer Grade, well performing & reliable printer. 1.75mm Filament. Single extruder
- Ultimaker S5 Professional Grade, 2.85mm Filament. Dual filament extruder allows for two filaments to be used on the same part, or for a dedicated support material such as PVA to be used. Ultimaker S5 is a larger machine, providing a maximum build volume of 330 x 240 x 300mm.
Envisage use PLA+ for concepts which is an economical, non-toxic, “biodegradable” filament which is non-petroleum based and therefore less impactful on the environment. Items requiring higher strengths or temperature resistance may be printed in ABS.
Standard Materials available:
- Polylactic Acid (PLA / PLA+)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PET-G)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Nylon (Polyamide / PA)
- Co-Polyesters (CPE / CPE+)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) / Flexible materials
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) Support Material
Please contact us to discuss your project and the use of other materials.
Envisage has invested in an epoxy pasting system for the application of seamless modelling paste and 3D printing urethanes.
Advantages of pasting over traditional blocking up include:
- Produces a better, seamless finish.
- Cheaper than most model board
- Improved preparation time for paint
- Less waste